The Regional Government of Andalusia, through APPA and PSA, wanted to give an important boost to this project by coordinating and partially financing the first phase of development.
Phase 1 is currently being developed by the APPA/PSA consortium. This means that all the development, roads and common facilities can be completed by the end of 2023.
The Phase 1 project therefore includes :
• An interchange to absorb road traffic from the entire park and take account of the extension of the existing dual carriageway linking Malaga to Cadiz
• A rail terminal connected to the national network for handling maritime container flows.
• An electrical substation
• A water treatment plant
• A waste centre
• Sewerage networks and raw and drinking water supplies.
• Engineering structures to cross waterways and railways.
• In addition to the private plots that can be developed, public lots will be set aside for the creation of green spaces and inter-service centres for the construction of shared facilities and services for park users (petrol stations, hotels, restaurants, ….).